REMEMBRANCE DAY PARADE & SERVICE
November 11 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Parade & Service
November 11, 2018
Order of Proceedings
- 10:00 a.m. Veterans and organizations taking part in the Parade are asked to arrive at Harmony Square, 89 Dalhousie Street, Brantford, by 10:00 a.m. due to road closures.
- 10:20 a.m. Inspection of Honour Guard at Harmony Square
- 10:45 a.m. Parade leaves Harmony Square for the Cenotaph at the Brant County War Memorial.
- 11:00 a.m. Civic Service of Remembrance at the Cenotaph, located at the Brant County War Memorial, Brant Avenue and Dalhousie Street, Brantford
Reserved seating will be available at the Cenotaph for veterans and their spouses.
In the event of inclement weather, the Service will be held in the Armouries Building, Brant Avenue and Colborne Street, Brantford.
The following streets will be closed on November 11, 2018 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. for the Remembrance Day Service:
- Brant Avenue between Church Street and Colborne Street
- Dalhousie Street between Market Street and Brant Avenue
- Market Street between Dalhousie Street and Darling Street (southbound lane)
Detour routes will be well signed to accommodate vehicular traffic.
Please note there will be a walking march on Dalhousie Street starting at 10:30 a.m. from Harmony Square to the Cenotaph.
Between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on November 11th:
- Free parking will be provided at downtown area municipal parking lots;
- Parking time restrictions at on-street parking spaces in the downtown area will be waived; and
- Brantford Transit fares will be waived for riders wearing a poppy to and from the service.
The City of Brantford is grateful for the efforts of those who have assisted in organizing the Civic Service, including various veterans groups, organizations, the 56th Field Artillery Regiment, City and County staff, our local MP, MPP, and various school boards and legions.